Market Cross offers bed and breakfast accommodation in 4 first floor rooms, all with en-suite facilities.
• We can be contacted by telephone, email and via our web site.
• Market Cross is situated on the main road through Belford village with direct access from the A1 both north and south. The main bus route between Berwick upon Tweed and Alnwick (and onwards to Newcastle) runs through the village with bus stops within 20 m of Market Cross. Local bus service to Bamburgh and Seahouses is available also. Berwick upon Tweed railway station is 15 miles north of Belford. Alnwick is 13 miles south.
• A taxi service is available in the village.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Parking for 4 cars is available for guests in the car park at the rear of The Black Swan Hotel next door to Market Cross. This is a gravel surface with a gravel pathway leading to a gate which gives access to the garden at Market Cross. Two steps lead to the gate and the path through the garden is paving and grass. Two steps lead up from the garden to a paved courtyard. Access to the house is through the kitchen and our living room so is restricted to good weather. The car park is not lit and only accessible via the garden in the summer months. In the winter months guests would access the car park via the main road and side road (approx 100 m).
• A drop off point is situated 3 m from the front entrance. Car parking is available on the street outside the guest house (within 3 m of the entrance). Public bay parking off road for 5 cars is available 25 m from the premises (assistance is available).
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The main entrance is at the front door which has 2 steps up from the pavement (not suitable for wheel chairs).
• Assistance is available.
• A bell issituated on the front door which has mortice lock. An interior glass door separates the hall from the entrance way which has barrier flooring. Guests are given keys to both doors as well as their room key.
• The hall, stairs and landing is carpeted and is always lit by emergency lighting and has 4 additional lights for guest use.
• Doors lead to the dining room and owner’s private quarters off the hall.
• Stairs lead to the first floor bedrooms.11 stairs up to a landing then 4 stairs. A hand rail is available.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• WiFi is available free, the access code is in each room information folder.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• All the doors off the hall and landing are fire doors.
• The dining room is accessed from the hall and is used for breakfast between 08.00 – 09.00.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• Breakfast menus forms are provided for guests to make their breakfast choices for the following day. Completed forms are left on the hall table each evening.
• Guests with special dietary requirements are asked to inform Steve or Amanda about their requirements and we will always do everything we can to accommodate them.
• Laundry and drying facilities are available on request.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Unfortunately, none of our rooms are suitable for wheelchairs.
• We have a fully integrated fire alarm system with smoke detectors in every room and fire extinguishers and break glass alarm box on ground floor and first floor level. An alarm bell will sound in case of fire.
• All room have a Nespresso machine, TV with Freeview with a remote control, arm chairs, mini fridge, a cordless kettle, complimentary tea/coffee/hot chocolate/herbal teas/ and home made treats.
• All rooms lead off the first floor landing which is carpeted as are all rooms.
• All rooms are en-suite with a shower and toilet.
• The Tartan Room has a king size bedstead and large bathroom with toilet, roll top bath, large corner shower and hand basin.
• The Red Room is very large and has a sitting room area with electric fire and wall mounted 32” flat screen TV.
• Complimentary Lindisfarne mead and sherry are available on the bookcase on the landing for guests to enjoy.
• Evacuation procedure in case of fire. The escape route is via the front door. The assembly point is across the main road at the market cross in the village centre.
• Assist dogs only are welcome at Market Cross. Dogs are not to be left alone in the bedroom. Dogs can be walked and use a grass area across the road from Market Cross. Water bowls are available on request. Sorry dogs are not allowed access to the garden.
• Mobile phone networks are generally available but sometimes a better signal is available closer to a window or outside the house.
• Market Cross has a strict no-smoking policy in the house.
Market Cross Guest House
1 Church Street
Local accessible taxi numbers: Croft Cabs 07803496278
• We are refurbishing all the original sash windows and shutters. We also hope to reinstate an external door under the stairs to allow unrestricted guest access to the courtyard and garden.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any
comments please phone 01668213013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org